20 May 2010

Added to the library



tinkers, by Paul Harding. Magers & Quinn finally received its shipment of this year's surprise Pulitzer winner. This is Harding's first novel, and the small Bellevue Literary Press was not prepared, inventory-wise, to have a Pulitzer winner on its hands.

Coop: A Family, a Farm, and the Pursuit of One Good Egg, by Michael Perry. I'm fairly certain this book was written just for me, and having read just a few pages on the ride home from work, I'm more convinced than ever that some of the best writing in America happens in Wisconsin.

I suppose I should back up a few weeks if I'm going to list additions to the library. Yay or nay? Books have always been an irresistible pull, and right now they have the added benefit of being both comfort and distraction, so the stack next to the bed continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, civility reigns, but cleverness trumps.

They shall be called my disciples.