here and buy the volume for yourself, but the opening is worth committing to memory:
Sometimes all you want to do is lean
your tired frame against the last post
still upright in the charred settlement
of your life, only the wood is mottled
red with embers and scraps of flame twist
at your feet. Hope zigzags off
to the bruised horizon
like it had been constructed
only to offer perspective.
Hewett, Greg. "Consolation on Pipeline." darkacre. Minneapolis: Coffee House Press, 2010.
- Crossover appeal
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #3
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #2
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #1
- Turning a corner
- What's up?
- Added to the library
- Transcending food
- Home. Sick.
- A writing discipline
- In which the thoughts are random
- Turned-on Bach
- Some favorite things of late
- The assault
- Minnesota matters: From Russia with . . . oh, neve...
- Happiness is . . .
- How Bernadette Peters saved my life, or at the ver...
- Reading List
- TU Dance at the Southern
- An app to call home
- Understanding Baking, Part I
- Families moving forward
- I will not be a hoarder
- An iPhone Moment: Streetwalker Edition
- Family matters
- Minnesota matters: Cold Spring Bakery
- ▼ May (29)