- Lucia's pan-roasted chicken, which I haven't had in eons, made even better with ricotta stuffed under the skin, sitting on a potato pancake and glazed carrots, and accompanied by butterscotch cake with white chocolate mousse and ginger caramel sauce. And brilliant company.
- 24 attempting to find its inner Bourne. Massive, albeit entertaining, fail.
- Putting down one satisfying book and immediately finding another. Goodbye, angsty Nazi Resistance fighters. Hello, entertaining history of the cello suites.
- Pleasantly sore muscles, indicating intense, satisfying exercise.
- Steady progress on a sleeve.
- Nailing the left hand trill in m. 5 of the Sinfonia of Bach's C minor Partita—an elusive but worthy goal.
- Walking shoes for walking, running shoes for running, both allowing movement on a suspiciously swollen and painful toe.
- Daydreaming about the little house that's—not yet, maybe someday, here's hoping—mine.
12 May 2010
Some favorite things of late
Sorry to go all Julie Andrews on you, but a pleasant few days warrant a bit of reflection, don't you think? May my random list inspire you to waste time coming up with your own. To wit:
Posted by Scott Rohr
- Crossover appeal
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #3
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #2
- The Glorious Ascent: Mandate #1
- Turning a corner
- What's up?
- Added to the library
- Transcending food
- Home. Sick.
- A writing discipline
- In which the thoughts are random
- Turned-on Bach
- Some favorite things of late
- The assault
- Minnesota matters: From Russia with . . . oh, neve...
- Happiness is . . .
- How Bernadette Peters saved my life, or at the ver...
- Reading List
- TU Dance at the Southern
- An app to call home
- Understanding Baking, Part I
- Families moving forward
- I will not be a hoarder
- An iPhone Moment: Streetwalker Edition
- Family matters
- Minnesota matters: Cold Spring Bakery
- ▼ May (29)